Friday, September 14, 2018

Hugs for You WYW with Decorative Border Thin Cuts

One of the new products I just had to get in my hands as soon as possible was the new Decorative Border Thin Cuts. These beauties are going to make it super easy to create fun, different, interesting cards and scrapbook page borders. Here's my first card...


I used the Hugs for You Workshop Your Way (WYW) which is a cardmaking kit. It comes with a stamp set, paper, card bases, and twine as well as instructions for making twelve cards of two different designs. If you've been around my blog at all, you know that I don't purchase a WYW unless I can use the stamp set long after the included supplies are gone. Like I did here.

I was surprised to find that this scallop border wasn't even. At first I was disappointed, but then I realized that the lack of symmetry gave me far more flexibility. I can make a cloud or hill border to set a scene, I can tilt it as I did on this card for a unique look, and I can create an even look on the short end of a 4.25 x 5.5 card with some planning. But, to tell you the truth, I really like this tilted border. You might see that show up again. And again. And possibly even a few more times.

Here's the supply list (with links for your shopping convenience):


I've already sent two cards using this WYW. The sentiments are exactly what I've wanted to say on multiple occasions.

Today is all about getting everything done that I've put off doing this week. We had such a lovely cruise (pictures to come) that it's difficult to adjust to real life again where I have to cook and clean up after myself. Plus there's the hurricane. We're in central Virginia and no longer expect to get much except some wind and rain, but I was doing a little prep just in case.

More than anything, I need to get back to 1888 and the final novel in the Montana Brides Series. Book two releases in eleven days, so there's quite a bit of publicity around that which also needs to be done...and honestly, I just want to play some more with these fancy border cuts.

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!