Monday, July 25, 2011

...and Farewell

One of our Army traditions is the "Hail and Farewell" to say thanks to those who have served with us. Tonight is our farewell dinner for the commander of my husband's battalion. We have been blessed by his leadership, wisdom, and friendship. I wish there was something more than a small card to express how deeply we appreciate him.

Mojo Monday Sketch 201


This is my first circle card. I used a Nestabilities die to cut the outside and then cut another, plain circle to create a back. The paper is K&Company. I'm not sure where the stickers came from. Ribbon and safety pins are CTMH, and the pearl accents are Recollections but colored using Copic markers. Because I used stickers, I needed to take the pictures at an angle to cut down the glare.
It has been our honor to serve alongside this commander. His wife has become a dear friend, and it hurts to see them go. However, we are all the richer because he chose to dedicate himself to a life of service.

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I am sure he will appreciate it. My husband is retired from the Army. I know what you mean about dedication to the service and also friendships made. Thanks for sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsa! This is fantastic. I love patriotic cards. (My hubby is retired AF and I served in the AF myself. Son is currently on his way to Africa for a year...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card for your special occasion. I love the way you've tied all the elements together!
    Bernadet
    P.S. I'm partial to round patriotic cards!
    http://bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/celebrate-usa.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...love everything about it!Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!