Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Card Spree

My husband and I are getting ready to take nearly three weeks off to go visit family. In that time, we are celebrating birthdays for both our kids, two nephews, and one niece-in-law plus one graduation and four anniversaries. August is a busy month! Here are a few of the cards made today:


All supplies by CTMH and are entered in the Heart 2 Heart Sketch Challenge.

I embossed with clear powder over Cocoa ink, then added three more layers of embossing powder to get the thickness. I thought about adding a pin on the back of this to turn it into a button, but I'm pretty sure the person I have in mind for this card would  NOT go for that. Below, the "ribbon" is pleated paper which I then straightened back out and stamped "CELEBRATE" on the ends.



 This picture was given to me by a friend who has a talent for photography and was in Italy for three months. The charm is discontinued CTMH.

Below, the background was done using the shaving cream technique. I've had it sitting in my scrap drawer for at least three years. Not sure where the idea to weave three of the five background ribbons came from, but I thought it looked pretty cool. The present stamp is discontinued CTMH; the words and wood grain are current CTMH.


 Love how this one turned out! All stamps are CTMH except for the scroll which, I believe, is Stampin' Up! The newsprint paper is also CTMH, but the polka dot is from somewhere or other. I also distressed my edges with Chocolate distressing ink from CTMH.

 And, last but not least, an anniversary card. The patterned embossing is a CTMH background stamp over gold vellum. Again, edges distressed in Chocolate. The paper lace is also very, very old CTMH. The embossing on the ribbon (CTMH) left little flakes, but I didn't even see them until taking the close up picture. The flowers and pearl accents were purchased at Michaels and I have no idea who to credit.




Whew! Now I need to find envelopes and put them with the stash of things to pack.

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. your card is so clever!!! thanks for sharing

    Peggy Lee
    (Creative Scraps)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Love the shaving cream technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been a busy girl, and it sounds like you'll be even busier with family! All of your projects are wonderful! Thanks for showing the close up of the stamped paper "ribbon" of the first card. I would have missed that otherwise, but it looks really good. I like how you rippled the strips too. Thanks for trying this H2H sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, all of your cards are just gorgeous! hanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!