Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Brushed Thank You

One of the scary things about getting published is how to market your book.  Not my forte.  In fact, if I could hole up in my little office and not come out except at feeding time, I'd be almost happy.  Fortunately, one of the authors in The Homestead Brides enjoys marketing, so we all piggy-backed off of her efforts.

I wanted to make her a set of notecards to say thanks for doing all the work.  We hit the Evangelical Christian Publisher's Association top twenty list for two months in a row, at #5 in February (when the book released) and #11 in March.

I'm combining two challenges for this card: Heart2Heart (Sketch) and Color My Heart (Brushed paper pack colors).

Here's the one I'll be sending her as a set:

 And here's the one I started with but didn't have enough of the Brushed paper left to create a set of five:

The frame stamp is from Artfully Sent, and the sentiment is from a hostess set that just retired.
 
I need to get these made and out in the mail, but I also need to hole up in my little office and finish the manuscript for the next novella collection I'll be in.  Guess I'd better get to work!

Until next time,
Becca

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! I especially like the sentiment piece backed in black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Not sure which I like better. Banners are a great way to incorporate a variety of colors. Thanks for sharing on the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca, your beautiful work continues to inspire me. Thanks for joining us this week at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love both of your cards. Love the embossing on the first one and the sewing on the second one....what a great sketch to play with. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card set - great design! Thanks for linking up with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards!! So simple but so elegant. Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute, I love how you added the texture with the embossing folder. Great job! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!