Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Writer's World Wednesdays - Getting My "Army Wife" On!

I've been sitting on some news for a couple weeks, and it's been KILLING me!  I couldn't really say much until hubby came home with a Request for Orders, or RFO for those of us army types who know what all the acronyms mean...or at least 10% of them.

We are heading to Alaska.  Fairbanks, to be precise, which is actually a shade north of North Pole, AK.  I'm told lots of layers will be the fashion, that Fairbanks is in a valley so there's no wind (which, as hubby so aptly pointed out, means forty below actually feels like forty below instead of much worse), it's dry (so it's a dry cold), and it's beautiful.  I'm quite excited.  For a Pacific NW girl, it's a struggle to live without a mountain view.  Here's what I'll be getting very soon:

Denali National Park seen from the Northeast

So...on top of having a novella due by June 1, I have to go get ready for an "overseas" move.  I'm starting to hyperventilate just thinking about it.  If my blog suddenly goes dark, you'll know why.

Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. My two short military trips to AK made me love the place. You are so lucky! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGSH, Becca! This is big news! I am so happy for you! Your photo is beautiful and just think of the great quiet time for writing (once you are there)! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!