Friday, April 3, 2015

Washi Wonder

When you design for someone else, it's important to take into account the things that make them happy.  Anyone who's ever visited Amie Kiger's blog knows well that she loves her bling.  If something doesn't sparkle, it isn't finished.

Using inspiration from finalist #9 in the Top 20 of the 2014 Gallery Idol Competition, I created a card using lots of Washi tape and a blingy (blingey? blingish?) strip of gold trim.


Here's the supply list with embedded links for your shopping ease:
To create the Washi covered wedge, I started by cutting the wedge shape from white cardstock and then tore small strips of various colors of tape and wrapped them around the edges if they were too long.  My only attempt at doing anything design-like was to try not to put two pieces of the same Washi too close together.  I ended with long strips of Black Arrow Washi Tape to highlight the idea of going somewhere.

To get my shimmer trim to line up with my Washi covered wedge, I glued the black wedge onto my top card panel, laid down the Washi wedge without gluing, laid a ruler along the bottom edge, removed the Washi wedge, and drew a faint pencil line. I cut the shimmer trim longer than I'd need and line up the edges with the pencil line to affix.

The card is for my niece who will be taking a "gap year" after she graduates from high school to visit three different countries for missions.  Could the sentiment be any more perfect?  I don't think so.

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!