Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Don't Hate Me Because...

...my craft room is beautiful.  At least I think it rocks.

OWH did a blog post about organizing your space.  Let me tell you, organization got a whole lot easier with the addition of this cabinet to my craft area.

Several years ago, my in-laws were getting to the point where they needed to be living with us.  My mother-in-law had more stamps and supplies than I did, which I did NOT think possible.  We had this cabinet custom built to make her happier about giving up some independence.

 

 This shot was taken from the opposite angle to show you my art tables.  Below is a close up on the table holding my stamp pads, CTMH markers, and watercolor pencils...along with my trusty laptop where I haunt blogs for ideas.  This is my "secret weapon" of crafting.  I use Microsoft OneNote to copy ideas and paste them into categories like "Baby" or "Masculine".

 These "map drawers" were measured to be just deep enough for wood mounted stamps. Awesome!
On the other side of the cabinets, the same map drawers hold my acrylic stamps and supplies. These used to be full of wood mounted stamps as well, but I sold a bunch of them to clear out space.

 Below is one of the tall cabinets which holds my  12x12 paper. I have two of these tall cabinets and most of the shelves hold a large plastic bin like the one below the paper (left side).  The bins have scrapbooking supplies, ribbon, envelopes, etc.
The best part about this cabinet is that it breaks down into smaller sections.  The Army movers weren't too sure about it, but it really does come apart and go back together fairly easily.  Next move, though, I will be sure to label the doors.  They are a little wonky right now.


And this is looking into the TV area so I can watch a movie from my desk.  The basket holds stuff I reach for the most, i.e. my Copics, glue stick, and colored pencils.

Yeah...I'm spoiled!

Until next time,
Becca

10 comments:

  1. WOW, what a fabulous crafting space! That cabinet is really impressive and how smart that it breaks down and reassembles easily. Thanks for sharing such a great space and letting me enjoy it vicariously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want your craft room! Thanks for showing us how one is supposed to look. The custom cabinet is terrific. No, I don't hate you. Just a little jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so gorgeous...you are one lucky lady. Even my husband said DANG when I showed him. Love those map drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL! I love the map drawers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a beautiful space. So nice and orderly. The only difference with you and me is I don't have a tv in my room. I watch my 50" HDTV in my family room. I just can't do 2 things at once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS space! Color me jealous. :) Love that cabinet and your desk space is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is super cool!!! Someday when I get my attic finished I hope to do something similar! What happened to the in-laws if I may ask? That was great that they were with you and hopefully you could share stamps/ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking, Dawn. Unfortunately, Sr. Dimentia took over pretty quickly and it was too tough for her to stay with any project. In fact, my DH is in the middle of moving them to an Alzhiemer's facility this week. Very hard!

      Delete
  8. Love your map drawers too. If I asked my hubby for map drawers, he's want to put all his maps in them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becca what a fabulous room. I'd love to come play. Thanks for sharing.
    Marianne
    OWH Blog Team
    operationwritehome.org

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!