Saturday, January 14, 2012

Quick Update

It's been a long time since I updated you all on my "blogging" goals. Well, I must say I am more encouraged right now than I have been in a while.

Bible Study - I have signed on to co-lead a study at my PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel) here at Fort Carson.  I've also spent some time on my own doing a word study on "faith" which is my theme for 2012.  A couple weeks ago, God gave me a beautiful picture with birds flying outside my window which is somehow related to my faith venture.  It has intrigued me so much, I think on it often which draws me into His presence throughout my days.

Physical Fitness - Some very good news here.  I have a neighbor who, like me, is carrying a lot of weight over a body which still remembers the good, old days when we were young, athletic, and could eat anything we wanted and not gain because we were working so hard.  She has a bunch of exercise equipment in her home and a background in gymnastics and weight lifting.  I call her my personal torturer...uh, trainer.  Since I already confessed how much I hate going to a gym, you know what a blessing it is to be in a private setting with someone who knows how to push me, encourage me, and not let me slack off because she knows where I live! I just finished two weeks with her.  My arms may never be the same!

Writing - I am over half-way through with my current novel.  This past week, I wrote a scene I particularly love.  I took it to my critiquing group and they all felt "in the moment" with my poor hero. What an encouragement!  I also figured out a way to help fix my first few pages.  There are no shortcuts to learning this craft, so these little bits of progress are cause for celebration.

Creative Cards - Somewhere through haunting blogs of truly talented people and the Splitcoast Stampers website, I have picked up a few tricks and feel like my cards have improved quite a bit.  What fun to share them with you all.  I will be hosting a CTMH party in my home soon.  Hopefully that gives me enough hostess credit to purchase a boatload of new stuff to continue to share.  I also have a friend to gave me a bunch of Stampin' Up! supplies, and I recently won a $25 gift certificate to Our Daily Bread Designs, so I'll be branching out some.  FUN!

Thanks for sharing this journey with me.  Writing is a solitary profession, so your kind comments mean a great deal.

Until next time,
Becca

1 comment:

  1. Becca, I love your honesty. You are truly a woman after God's heart. Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!