Wednesday, January 25, 2012

GlitterFree Bling

Today's challenge over at Operation Write Home is glitter free bling.  I thought it was the perfect time to use the new stamps I received free from Our Daily Bread Designs which I won for this card back in December.


This stamp set is called "Faith" and comes with both the sentiment and butterfly image.  To make the butterfly I intended to highlight stand out even more, I colored it with a white gel pen before flooding the entire area with Liquid Glass.  Then, because I wanted to make it sparkle even more, I waited until the Liquid Glass dried, painted it with Create a Shade paint, then covered the whole thing with another layer of Liquid Glass.  (Liquid Glass and Create a Shade paint are products of CTMH.)
The butterfly image at the top of the card was stamped with Versamark, the one on the tab (as well as the sentiment) was stamped with Momento Tuxedo Black then colored with Copics in shades of grey and a light green for the leaves.  I also sponged the edges of the chocolate mat paper with black to make sure the black ink on the image had an answering black on the rest of the card.

Since my gift certificate was for more than the cost of this stamp set, I also got a single Dahlia stamp which I will share with you another time.

Thanks to Our Daily Bread Designs and OWH for their generosity.

Until next time,
Becca

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card.. Congrats on winning! thanks for sharing ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful! You certainly used your winnings to make a fabulous card. I love the liquid glass - it gives a wonderful shine and dimension too. Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps!
    ~Lee Mae
    Operation Write Home
    MWT Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca, I really like this stamp set and your card is beautiful! I love what you did with the liquid glass on the butterfly...very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card along with a nice sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful how you made the one butterfly stand out with that shine and I like the white details against the kraft paper. A really nice, understated and sophisticated card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, love the stamp set. Especially like the background with the butterflies. Very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Becca! How creative to highlight the butterfly! Love your subtle colors and the white against kraft. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning. Kraft is one of my fav papers! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job. I wouldn't have thought to use kraft on a blingy card but it works nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Becca,
    What a wonderful card. I never would have thought to do that myself. Thank you for sharing.
    Marianne
    OWH Blog Team
    operationwritehome.org

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love butterflies! I've never tried the liquid glass stuff before. It really adds a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely! What a gorgeous stamp set and you used it so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your color choices and stamping So pretty, so elegant. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card! Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is so pretty. I like how you used the same stamp differently on the same card. That butterfly really pops!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!