Saturday, May 4, 2019

Hey Baby with CTMH Zoe Paper

One of the promotions CTMH is running this month is "Bring Back My Pack" featuring the popular Zoe papers and stamps. I have a baby shower coming up and we don't know the gender yet, so the soft pastels in this pack were perfect.


I used both the Artiste and Artistry Cricut cartridges. Artiste is retired, but if you have it and Artistry, here's the Design Space file. I altered "baby" by slicing off part of the "y" then welding a small circle at the end to make it match the font style. I cut three "baby" images, two from plain cardstock so I didn't waste the patterned paper, and glued them together for depth. I altered the duck by getting rid of the wing shape cut and highlighting the bill and eye with a white gel pen. 
To make sure I didn't have a gap in the stamped sentiment which comes from the Sweet Girl-Cardmaking set, I had to do a little planning. I placed all the cut elements on the card base without gluing them down, used my stamp positioner to place the "HEY" where I wanted it, removed the cut images and stamped once in Heather ink. I then glued the duck in place and stamped again. I glued "baby" so the swirl on the left went off the edge, trimmed it off, then glued it to the inside of the card.

I finished off with Mink Twine and sequins from the Crafty Sequins Pack. The colors don't match Zoe perfectly, but close enough. The dark green sequins was the worst offender, which is why I deliberately chose the smallest one and placed it farthest away from any of the other green in the card.

Here's the supply list with links for your shopping convenience:
I absolutely LOVE the Zoe papers and coordinating stamp set. How fun that CTMH decided to bring them back as part of their 35th Anniversary Year-Long celebration. Be sure to check out all the other great promotions offered this month.

Until next time,
Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!