Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Circle Snowflake

Quick post tonight.  I still have nine Christmas cards to make and get in the mail.  I'm combining two challenges with this one.

CAS on Sunday : Christmas
CASology: Snowflake


Here's the supply list (CTMH in italics)
  • Snowflake: Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
  • Sentiment: O Christmas Tree (retired)
  • Ink: Encore Silver pigment
  • Paper: Outdoor Denim B&T (retired), Lagoon cardstock
  • Accessories: Lagoon Washi tape; silver cord, small circle punch (notch for silver cord), Lagoon marker, Pearl Paint
I colored the center shape of the snowflake with the marker, glued it back inside, then dabbed Pearl Paint over top and started smearing it out from the center.

Since I really want the stamp prize over at Rose Blossom Garden, I'm submitting a fourth card to that challenge: Christmas using any CTMH Cricut Cartridge.  I used my Design Studio to center the snowflake inside a circle cut and cut both at the same time.

This is my first time to do the "fit your die cut back into the shape" technique.  I've seen lots of fun things with it, though.  And I'm starting to get into the whole "off-kilter" thing that's a current trend.

Okay...better go make the husband some dinner.

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty design, love blue and silver together. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty! Thanks for playing along with the girls and I over at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is just soo cool... love the washi tape... fab design!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, really beautiful!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!