Monday, December 9, 2013

O Holy Night

I am combining two challenges to get myself down to ten Christmas cards left:  Mojo Monday Sketch 323 and Rose Blossom Garden "Christmas using any CTMH Cricut Cartridge"


I don't usually stage my photos but thought I'd give it a whirl.  And the West Point Cadet Nutcraker is to pay homage to the upcoming Army/Navy game. 

Go Army.

Please.

Anyway, here's the supply list for the card.
  • Stamps: Verve Peace on Earth
  • Paper: CTMH Roxie (retired), Black, Vanilla, and Kraft
  • Die Cuts:  CTMH Art Philosophy (ornament) and Artiste (Noel)
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Embossing Powder:  PSX Detail Brass
  • Other:  Red C120 Derwent Colorsoft pencil, corner rounder, scallop edge scissors, Pearl Paint, glue pen (to draw string)
The process of how I did the Noel is described under the fourth card of this post from last Christmas.  I drew the string using a fine tip glue pen and poured embossing powder over top to hang the ornament.  It's a loose interpretation of the sketch.

The funny part about adding the nutcracker to my photo was that my camera kept asking me if someone blinked.  Here's hoping Navy will be "blinking" in disbelief after Saturday's game.

Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful. I love the plaid from Roxy with this card. Great job on the embossing. I can never get mine to look as flawless as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on this sketch and I love your photo! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!