Friday, July 11, 2014

Happy, Happy Birthday

This week at Color My Heart we have some fun, summery colors: Gypsy, Lagoon, Pear, and Sunset.  It took me days to figure out what to do with this one.  I was going to see if I could come up
with a Christmas card just to be different, but in the end, I went with a birthday card.


I used pigment ink to get the nice, strong color.  For the hanging words, I stamped BIRTHDAY onto a piece of cardstock using Keyboard Alphabet leaving plenty of room above the letters.  Then I cut the sides and bottom leaving a long piece above each letter.  I could then glue the tabs to the back of my top panel (4.25x4.25").  For the sentiment, I used Card Chatter - Birthday.  I masked off the bottom half of the stamp and inked one "happy" in Lagoon and the other in Pear.

To add the Baker's Twine, I first punched a tiny, half-circle on the sides of my top panel.  I forget where I saw this technique, but I love how it holds the twine in place.

The best part about a card like this is it's useful for all ages and any gender.

Until next time,
Becca

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Looks like dimension gets to be the star along with the colors! Love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the half circle punch idea. I've just been cutting a slit. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you made a birthday card with little banner letters for your card! Great way to use these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute and fun card Becca.
    hugs,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun, CAS card. I love using the Keyboard Alphabet too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card. I love how you stamped the letters in different colors on the birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how simple and bright this is! The colors just pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!