Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sending My Love

My mom is really going through it right now.  She is one of seven children who get along to varying degrees.  This one doesn't speak to that one, that one doesn't speak to a different one, but all of them speak to her and use her as the family mediator.  Blech!  I called her the other night and she was almost in tears.  I'm pretty good about sending encouraging cards to my friends, but I tend to think of my mother as something of an emotional rock.  Today I thought I would put together a simple card using Freshly Made Sketches to let her know I'm thinking of her.



All supplies are in italics are CTMH.
  • Stamps: Cityscapes, Adventure USA, and Say It In Style
  • Ink: Whisper, Gypsy, and Cashmere (pigment); Momento Tuxedo Black
  • B&T Paper: Smokey Plum (left side under white panel...same effect could be done with sponging)
  • Accessories: Slate Ribbon, Liquid Glass (aka, Glossy Accents) over top of car, Black Sharpie for car wheels, gray watercolor pencil  for shading on buildings, foam tape to raise white panel, and Glue Runner to pleat ribbon before sewing to white panel.
I had a different idea when this card began but it morphed.  Then I got fingerprints on the edge and had to trim it down.  Then I fussed a little more with this, that, and the other until it ended up as you see.  The reason I needed the watercolor pencil over top of the buildings was because I did second generation stamping and, after the metamorphosis, it needed more heft.

I hope this helps my mom know that, though we are thousands of miles apart, I can still send her my love.

Until next time,
Becca

5 comments:

  1. oh goodness, becca!! your card is just stunning and your mom will absolutely love it for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Becca! I know it will make your Mom feel special. Hug to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet card - I love the cityscape you've created and I'm sure your mum will love it. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet gesture and a great card!! She'll love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect way to encourage your mom. It's a fabulous card! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!