Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Birthday Fun

Now that I'm sending cards to Operation Write Home, I get to use all those cute stamps for kids I've not been able to pull out for a while but just never had the heart to purge.



I used a combination of watercolor and colored pencils plus a dot of liquid glass (you don't know how much I wanted to add a touch of glitter!!) in the center of the flower to give it a little more ooomph. 





The ribbon on the bottom was put on unevenly, so I just trimmed it...then I got a little snip happy.  The end result is it looks frayed, which works somehow.  It's one of those happy accidents.  I did blow the bits off before putting it in my pile.  Didn't even realize they were there until I took the picture.

Hope someone's little girl loves her bears!

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful....you thought outside the box....no pun intended..well, maybe a little. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh what an adorable little bear! I am so glad you didn't purge the kids stamps and that now you can out them to use. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is amazing! I love your take on the sketch challenge and the image is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know someone's little girl loves her bears. This is so cute. I'm going to have to look for liquid glass now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!