Friday, July 16, 2010

Miss You

The mid-week throwdown over at Operation Write Home is shipper's choice but something for soldiers to send home to kids.  I chose an "I miss you" card.  And over at 365 Cards the challenge today is "hot and cold" where half the card is warm colors and the other half is cool.  I chose CTMH colors Buttercup and Breeze.


The coloring on this looks more harsh under the camera than in real life, but I will say I had to fuss with it quite a bit before I was relatively happy.



And the flower is just punched, folded, and then dabbed with a little liquid glass to give it sheen and the ability to stay "perky" instead of just crushing flat.

Until next time,
Becca

6 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely,I love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca, what a sweet card for a little one. I love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love the colors and the little tab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Your layout should be in a sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet, sweet card, wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!