Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Air Mail

Quick post today because I might need to go help a friend get a storm window in place before severe weather rolls into our part of Oklahoma again.  This card is being entered in the following challenges:

OWH: Transportation
Heart2Heart: Nip & Tuck (using stitching, real or faux)


Everything I used is CTMH except for the sentiment (Verve, Friendly Phrases).  Cardstock is Heavenly Blue (retired); inks are Pacifica, Cranberry, and Heavenly Blue plus Versamark for embossing; stamp set is Sightseer.

I CASE'd this card idea from one of the participants in the Clean & Simple Cardmaking 2 class I took a while back.  You can see the original here.  I like her use of the border along the top better but, if you look very closely at the "YOU" in the detail shot, you'll see that the top of the Y has some smudges.  That's not from poorly stamping the sentiment...it's from poorly stamping the bottom border by getting ink on my pinkie finger and transferring it to the paper.  I probably should have turned my cardstock over and started again, but I just now thought of it.  Duh!

I believe the tail of the paper airplane qualifies as faux stitching.  At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

This is going in my next batch of OWH cards.  Red, white, and blue "Miss You"...what could be more OWH'y than that?

Until next time,
Becca

14 comments:

  1. Love your take on "transportation!" Very CAS and cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, love the paper airplane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love the globe as a watermark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course the tail is faux stitching!!! I love how the border looks, and I would never have seen the smudge if you hadn't pointed it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 'stitching' is great as is the whole design. Nice example of CAS done right! Hope the bad weather misses you. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca, what a fun, whimsical card. Sorry to hear about more bad weather nearby. Gee, enough already! I took that Online Card Class as well. Trying to decide if I want to take the next 3-week class :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - love the faux stitching as the paper airplane trail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute card! I like the imperfections in the border... gives it the handmade feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your border and the awesome plane- great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! I like how the plane's flight is stitched. Thanks for joining us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  11. super duper cute and simple card! love it! thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card! Love the stitching -- it's really well done.

    Hope you and your loved ones are all safe after the storms.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pinkie ink? LOL That's never happened to me...jk. I hate when that happens, but honestly, I would never have noticed until I read about it. I personally love CAS cards and I love how you did the border on your card. I'll have to remember that technique. Thanks for joining us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!