Saturday, May 18, 2013

Blooming Beautiful

It's been a long time since I've posted anything besides my Color My Heart Design Team projects.  This week has been busy, so today (when it's 100 degrees and muggy outside) was the perfect day to stay where both the air conditioning and overhead fan are keeping me cool and make a card for the following challenges:

Heart2Heart: May Flowers
CASology: Bloom
CAS-ual Fridays: Stamp on Patterned Paper



I'm not sure if you can read the sentiment (CTMH Scrapbook Sentiments-Women).  It says, "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art. ~Eleanor Roosevelt"  Is that too perfect, or what?

To create my flower (CTMH-Something Splendid), I took a mostly solid image stamp, embossed it in clear on patterned paper (CTMH-Lucy), then sponged over it in a darker color (CTMH-Cotton Candy with a little Tulip along the outside edge).  The flower center is created with puff ball ribbon (see this post for tutorial) surrounded by pearl accents.  UPDATE:  I finally found the actual tutorial post, so let me give credit where it's due...the amazing Stamp Talk with Tosh.
So fun to create something beautiful just because.
 
Until next time,
Becca

13 comments:

  1. That puff ball ribbon is so amazing! Lovely flower! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flower center! I bought a spool of that ribbon when it was on clearance and haven't used much of it yet but certainly I will try this idea. Thanks for the inspiration!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca, I love the flower clear embossed on patterned paper and then inked over...what an amazing effect! Cool flower center, too...made me do a double-take! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your flower center Becca!! It looks fabulous with the pearl border and your beautiful stamped flower! And I love the colors!! Thanks so much for the shout out too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours and wow, what gorgeous textures! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card... love that puff ball ribbon center! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! Love all the detail on that single flower! WOW!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still haven't gotten around to trying the flower myself, lol, but love it even more now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the details on this, Becca, and thanks for sharing the instructions! Gorgeous card! So happy you played along with H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SWOON! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, love your pretty card with that amazing flower! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very eye-catching, Becca! The colors really draw you in, kicking and screaming (for joy!) Thanks so much for joining CAS-ual Fridays this week : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. What you did with your flower is absolutely stunning and so very creative! I absolutely love it! So glad you join us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!