Friday, May 31, 2013

Dream Pop Color Dare

I have a confession to make.  I did not purchase Dream Pop paper.  Saw lovely things done with it.  Think it's very fun and summery.  Just didn't purchase any because...well...I didn't need it.  And I only purchase things I need.  Really...NEED.   Ha!

One of the great things about being on a Design Team is that your DT buddies come to your rescue in times like these.  Kudos to the lovely and talented Amie Kiger for sending me some 4.25x5.5 pieces so I could bring you this weeks' Color My Heart challenge.


I fussy cut the flower out of the Dream Pop paper, used a bone folder to score the petals, then bent them in an alternating fashion.  I put a small circle "bubble" (probably from Michaels) in the center.  This allowed me to have at least a small surface area to adhere to the card base.  The yellow birdcage paper is also from Dream Pop.   

I used the Slate ribbon from CTMH and folded it in thirds using a tape runner to adhere the layers together.  I taped the edges around the center panel then stapled the bejeebers out of it.  No fancy stapler, just a regular one which is why the very center staple under the flower is horizontal.  Too bad you can't see it.

I'm into yellow and gray lately...and staples. Not sure why, just am.

Here's a second card I whipped up this morning which also works for the following challenges:

CAS(E) This Sketch #30
CAS-ual Fridays #103
Pinspired Challenges #10
Color Throwdown #244

"fabulous" was cut using Cricut Graphically Speaking.  Lots of foam tape (most of them itty, bitty pieces) to make sure it stayed in place.  I inked the pink paper using Slate for the middle banner.

Before I go, I have to give a second shout out to another DT buddy, Pam Korte, who also offered to send me Dream Pop paper.  Especially after I raved over this post!  Since then, she's done a bunch more.  Go...see...be inspired.  You might just need this paper!

Until next time,
Becca

14 comments:

  1. Love the staples! I also like how you folded the flower. Nice CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wee this is FABULOUS..thanks for joining us at PInspired Challenges..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great designs! Love the fun pattern peeking through the negative space in your card. Thanks for joining this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca, both cards are great! I love how you used your Cricut cart for your sentiment. I have that one too, I will have to pull it out. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabulous card is well...fabulous! Truly. I love the design and the papers you used. The way you used the stapes on the first card is so unique. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are lovely! I love how you featured just the flower from the paper--too many of them on that patterned paper just makes me go blah...I love your use of staples--I have them in almost every color but don't really use them on cards yet. Your second card is really FABULOUS--love how you popped it up from the background with the colorful banners running from it. Thanks for the inspiration!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fabulous card is out of this world! I love the use of negative space!

    Thanks for playing along with Pinspired Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowness on your cards! The fabulous is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the negative space too from your card...very clever IDEA...and lovely colorfull too...really Great card..

    I am also joining the "Case this Sketch" challenge my card is number 92, would you mind to see it on my Blog and I would be so glad if you could leave me some love...many thanks before, hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous take on the sketch! I love the die cut sentiment and those yummy colors! Thanks for joining CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the negative space with the colorful triangles behind it, AWESOME! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FABULOUS!!!! I so love both cards but the second one is just...well...fabulous :) Thanks for this super cool PINspired card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such awesome patterned papers! I love how you used it behind the negative diecut. Thanks for joining us at Pinspired Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!