Friday, July 19, 2013

Layered Vellum Sympathy

There were several fabulous techniques at Summer Card Camp 2 today but my favorite was the layered vellum.  I pulled out all my old Wildflower stamps and went to town. 



LOVE how it turned out although the picture isn't quite doing that purple justice.  Colors used are Smokey Plum, Bamboo, Cocoa, and Honey (CTMH).  The sentiment is from Peddler's Pack and is one I pull out often.  The ribbon was something I picked out of a clearance bin at Michael's a few years ago. 

The hardest part was keeping my layers together to sew and keep them from shifting.

Luckily I don't have any need for a sympathy card at the moment, but I find it useful to have some on hand in case they are too hard to make in the moment.

Until next time,
Becca

16 comments:

  1. I love your choice of colors and how soft and pretty your card turned out! Great idea to have a sympathy card on hand, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!! (Working on my card now!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job! Sympathy cards are challenging. You recreated this beautifully. I can see using this style as a "go to" style now. TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and a perfect technique to use for a sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours you've chosen as well as the stitching at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful. You have inspired me, but no sewing! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous stamp choices - gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful...love the stitching at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done, Becca! So light and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card, great way to use the vellum layering technique covered in class!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly lovely. You really made this technique work for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!