Friday, July 5, 2013

Live Inspired

If you are looking for the Color My Heart card, please go here.

This morning while cruising around Pinterest, I found a tutorial on masking.  Since the Heart2Heart challenge is masking, I decided to copy the idea from the tutorial and use this week's CAS(E) this Sketch.


As suggested in the tutorial, I pulled out a boatload of stamps and just kept going.  All supplies are CTMH unless otherwise noted:
  • stamps: Live Inspired, You & Me, Air Mail, and Make It Count (all retired, sorry)
  • ink: Slate, Black, Ruby, and Versamark for embossing (with silver detail embossing powder from somewhere not clearly marked on my jar)
I love how this turned out because it's not my normal style.  Usually I'm too intimidated by the graphic, almost grunge look.  The tutorial made it look so easy I thought I'd give it a whirl!

Until next time,
Becca

20 comments:

  1. This is one of the coolest cards EVER!! I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun little mix of stamp and images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could become your normal style, Becca--the results are gorgeous! (I wouldn't call it grungy at all--embrace the smear!). Totally fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Steam punk rocks! This makes me want to go through my stamps to try something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how you interpreted the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is incredible!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becca, your card is amazing! I've been admiring it in the CAS(E) this Sketch gallery and HAD to come by and tell you how much I like it! Fabulous stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He he - I have all these stamps! I see scraplifting in my future. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! I really like all the layers and the black, white, red coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the black, white, and red! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pop of red in this, Becca! Gorgeous as always! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woah!! This is AH-MAZING!! Your attention to detail and perfect execution just BLOW MY MIND!! Thanks so much for playing with us at the CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is stunning!! Your masking ROCKS!!!! The pop of red with the neutrals just puts the whole design over the top. Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha, I would not call this anything but amazing! I can't wait to go see the tutorial! Thanks so much for coming over to play at H2H! Great color combo by the way, lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATS, this was a serious EYE catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really, really pretty and striking card, Becca! Congratulations on the HM honor from CTS!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is fabulous! I love how you stepped out of your comfort zone and created something amazing. Thanks for masking with us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome card! Way to step out of your comfort zone! Thanks for masking with us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! So beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at Heart 2 Heart Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this look ! Looks so intense but the tutorial makes it look doable :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!