Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Card Camp Week One

It's only been two days, but I've already picked up some fun tips from the Summer Card Camp.  I've combined the color swiping and text as background techniques with this week's colors and sketch.

Stamps are all CTMH, only one of which is current: Sentiment from Avonlea Workshop on the Go; background text from State of Mind, background circle from Connections, and figures from Sightseer (current). 

Ink is all CTMH: Honey, Smoothie, Crystal Blue, and Sunset.  Background and under embossing is White Daisy pigment ink.

Blue paper is CTMH Sky.

The stitching is not holding anything down.  It's just there to provide a frame.  My original idea was to stamp with White Stazon over a thick plastic bag.  That didn't work out so well.  I have to figure out how to get a wider stitch length, and I needed to sew much further from the edge.  Anyone need a frayed piece of plastic?

The photography was really tricky on this.  Trying to capture the white background text was pretty difficult.  The swipe colors are much closer to the challenge colors before photoshopping.

Since I combined multiple stamp images, I'm linking this up over at Heart2Heart for my second entry in this week's Mix & Mingle challenge.

Until next time,
Becca

6 comments:

  1. Becca, great job. I love the color swiping and the stitching is a great addition to the card. You rock! Thanks for joining us at H2H

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the color swiping...LOVE the stitching (not in the market for frayed plastic at the moment but I'll let you know when I am...lol)...LOVE the use of multiple stamp sets. Thanks for mixing it up this week at H2H (for a second time!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! You sure have been busy this week. Thanks for joining us this week at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca -

    Very cool card! Love the stamping in white and the stitched frame is fabulous! I still haven't been brave enough to try sewing with my machine on paper. I've only done hand stitching on my cards.

    Thanks for sharing with us (multiple times no less!) at Heart2Heart Challenges this week!

    Paige - DT
    www.Stampologist.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so cool! Thanks for mixing it up again with us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!