Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Summer Card Camp 2 Wrap Up

What is true of clothes is also true of embellishments; keep them long enough and they will come back in style.  Unlike clothes, however, embellishments won't taunt you about how much weight you've gained in the intervening years. 

I like embellishments better.

Anyway, back when I first started crafting, the "in" thing was ric-rack.  Now it's chevrons.  Potato, potaaahto.


I used sketch #2 and the final color combo.  The top/small ric-rack was done by running an ink pad over white, wetting it down to get it to spread into the crevices, wiping off with a damp rag, and then letting it dry. 

All supplies are CTMH, though everything but the sentiment is retired.
  • Stamps:  Just a Number (sentiment), Friendship Blessings (flowers)
  • Embossing powder: White, Buttercup, Baby Pink
  • Ink pads: Sunflower (over white ric-rack), Sorbet (sentiment)
  • B&T paper: Baby Pink
  • Gem: Clear (colored with YR18 Copic)
Hint...you might want to measure your ric-rack before you cut it.  Just a thought.  My stitching around the edge doesn't quite get the short end.  Yeah...  This is why God invented TAPE!

Now it's time to head to the pool to see if I can keep my current wardrobe from taunting me.

Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card that really showcases this weeks' colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY PRETTY!!!!!! LOVE that Rik-Rack! :) AND Vellum flower!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!