Friday, July 12, 2013

Twilight Bird of Happiness

My daughter and son-in-law celebrated their 4th wedding anniversary on July 5.  In the spirit of killing two birds with one stone (Eek!  I probably shouldn't say that with the blue twilight-bird of happiness on their card), I worked ahead on this week's Color My Heart challenge by stamplifting this card:


Everything cut or stamped comes from the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and coordinating stamp collection.  The colors are Bamboo, Desert Sand and Twilight.  The B&T paper is from several years back and is called Simple Pleasures.  I used White Daisy pigment ink for the sentiment but it didn't stand out well enough so I embossed with white powder.  The words were supposed to be a little more off-center to give this very straight, symmetrical card some whimsy.  Not sure it really worked.

In order to have room for the Desert Sand leaves to hang off the edge, I trimmed the card to just under 4.25.  (Well...that and because I didn't measure my top strips well enough and they were just under 4.25, but the first reason sounds like I had an actual plan so we'll go with that.)

The only non-CTMH thing on the card is the sequins.  I am having an absolute blast with these little sequins.  I dotted them all over this card, too.

If you want the real nitty-gritty, here are the page numbers for the various cuts from the Art Philosophy pamphlet:

  • tag-43 (2.5x5)
  • leaf veins-43 (cut from Desert Sand and buried beneath the tag so you might not be able to see it well)
  • bird and wing-51 (1.25)
Next time I do this, I'll glue my flimsy B&T paper to the cardstock before cutting.  With the level of detail on the leaf, the B&T tore a bit.  I patched it up but it was a pain!

Until next time,
Becca


4 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for linking my blog . Your card is great!

    Hugs,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how your B&T looks a lot like rusty metal. It's a neat effect! This is a really cool looking card, Becca. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, great card that I am going to have to CASE! The bird looks just like the Eastern Bluebird that I see each morning at the golf course. Love the design of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag card, Becca! I don't remember seeing that B & T paper before and I really like it. Your cut out leaves are very pretty and I do like the sequins!

    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!